1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Won't see this in next month's American Rifleman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 27, 2008.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Find a shooting range, hire a certified instructor and learn something about them without dismissing them outright. Skeet and sporting clays are fun. So is learning to hit the bull's eye at the 25-yard range.

2. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Uzi may be the biggest piece of crap full-auto ever manufactured. Sole function is to indiscriminately throw lead in the general direction of the target. Given the design, it has a nasty habit of walking up on you. In this case, it took a step too far.

Known in the trade as a "phone booth" weapon: fire it at a phone booth and you'll need a full mag to hit it.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Here's something new about me for the board.

I was in 4-H, yeah that aggie thing for kids who have fathers in farming. (Hold the jokes for one moment please)

But I'll be damned if we didn't have fun in Rifle Club. We learned the do's and don't, took the Hunter Safety Course and pelted our share of targets.

Some 20 years later, I still remember what to do when dealing with firearms and I sure as shit know not what to do — GIVE A FULLY_AUTO TO AN 8-YEAR-OLD.

Those Hunter Safety Courses may wind up being better than any 3-credit course in college.

(OK... The 4-H jokes may commence.)

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Despite you being the black sheep cousin, we find common ground on the worthlessness of that POS weapon.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The father is an emergency room physician in Stafford Springs, Conn. I sure hope I don't find myself in his ER someday.
    If a guy has that kind of judgement, I don't want to receive medical care from him.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

He could if he was packing an uzi

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I laughed out loud at that.

8. And I laughed at that

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wonder why I didn't read all these jokes on the Arkansas anchor thread?

This isn't funny, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted