1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonderful tribute to lost love, or just creepy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Aug 1, 2010.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Read the link again, folks. This letter was posted July 24. The wedding he's referencing was held last weekend. It has nothing to do with Chelsea and likely has nothing to do with politics. He just happens to write for a political site.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

"The present I humbly send her today is this column"

He couldn't have just sprung for the gravy boat?

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Candlesticks are nice ...

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Self-serving. She's getting married, so she's obviously moved on. The groom can't possibly be happy that an ex is throwing rocks at the window professing his lifelong love to her. So this benefits one person: the author. He tried to pry into her wedding day celebration just because he still loves her.

While I feel for him, the best thing to do if you truly care about her was exit stage left as soon as she got engaged, and don't bring any attention to the love you once had.

I am pretty sure that on my wedding day, the very last thing I would want to surface is an ex.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

This guy was very clearly wearing Bad Idea Jeans when he hit "post."

But I'm sure they'll find each other via Facebook in a few years and have immediately regretful sex during a Christmas visit.

Draft saved Draft deleted