1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WONDER YEARS ALERT!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedHotChiliPrepper, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Was looking around on justin.tv for something to put on in the background while I put the paper together and I found someone broadcasting uninterrupted episodes of The Wonder Years. Thought everyone would enjoy this.

http://www.justin.tv/intothefire

2. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

A couple years ago for Christmas my girlfriend got me the entire series on DVD. It was obviously downloaded from a computer (claims she couldn't find it in a store anywhere) but the quality is 100% fine. I love that show. This site deserves a Wonder Years thread.

3. I don't think it's officially on DVD. They had trouble getting the licensing fees and stuff for all of the music, I believe, so it was never officially released. So this is the best I get for now.

4. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Yeah I believe she found the ("bootlegged" box set for sale online somewhere. Great stuff.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There were two random episodes on one of the stations over here at like 2 a.m. a few months ago. Don't think I've ever seen it again.

Oddly enough, they featured David Schwimmer as Kevin's older sister's boyfriend, with whom she broke up in the first episode, then married in the second. The first proved that the role of whiny breakup victim came naturally to him.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

A local station used to air episodes all the time. Haven't seen them in a long while, so I guess they quit airing them.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Torrents, my friends. Torrents.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

It's on once in a blue moon on either MyTV or THIStv, can't remember which one though.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't find this earlier tonight, but some new network called The Hub (294 on DirecTV) just started running The Wonder Years. The pilot episode just ended and it looks like it's running the series in order.

Just before The Wonder Years, what looked to be the pilot episode of Family ties was on, and right now the pilot episode of Doogie Howser MD is on.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

OH. My. Gosh. Hub has Fraggle Rock reruns.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Indeed it does. Children's programming during the day and "family" programming at night.

What I found out late last night after the Doogie Howser pilot was they ran the first two episodes of Happy Days (I guess the first Happy Days was actually on Love, American Style). I forgot how enjoyable that show was in the early years before jumping the shark.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

From what I've seen online, the Hub used to be Discovery Kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted