1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's NCAA tourney running, or jogging thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

In Connecticut no less. And they had already lost to UConn by 15.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, would you look at that. A four beat a one!

Georgia 61, Stanford 59

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That was a good game, but I don't know what Stanford was doing taking so much time to get shots the final minute.

I was watching uconn earlier in the day and Doris Burke was talking about poor shooting percentages and what can be done, and one thing she said was to call the game tighter. I hadn't noticed so much before, but they do allow an awful lot of contact on shots. Sure enough, a minute later a UConn player gets floored on a drive to the hoop and it's a no-call, one of the worst I've seen. Geno ended up taking a technical arguing about it.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Over the course of my career, I have seen one or two girls that I thought could possibly play for a guys' team as a point guard. At that position, the differences in male and female physiology aren't as pronounced and the principles of the position are pretty much the same: distribute the ball and shoot the jump shot.

But there is not a women's team on the planet -- at any level -- that could stay on the court with an average men's junior college team. I'll give you an illustration. A couple of years ago one of the high schools I cover had a Meet the Team Night at the start of the season, and one of the highlights was an exhibition between the school's girls varsity team, which was ranked in the Top 10 in the state preseason poll, and the school's freshman boys team. It was no contest. The boys beat the girls by about 25 points.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Enjoyed seeing the Cal band rooting on Georgia against Stanford.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

How to beat the greatest women's player of all time: Make 15 three-pointers.

Louisville up 17 on Baylor with less than 10 minutes left.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Those last few moments were groan inducing.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There will be about 7 people in the stands for Tennessee-Louisville in OKC on Tuesday.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And Baylor is out!

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Horrible defense by Baylor following their free throws.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Damn, even though Cal had a great season I can't help feeling disappointed. L'ville with two teams in the championship game.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For being a No. 2 seed, the Bears were the x-factor in the Final Four. And now we'll have an all-Big East women's final.

Draft saved Draft deleted