1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's NCAA tourney running, or jogging thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Mar 18, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it over? Who won?

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Griner, on the other hand...I just don't know what to say. I hear that voice and....remember, Griner refused to play for the U.S. in the Olympics. Baptists checking for gender and gender history might be a little more lax than the disqualification brutes with the IOC.

3. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

..but then, if she's legit, I can't imagine how basketball became a cover for the inevitable cruelty growing up.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

UConn beat Idaho by about 70-something points the other day. I knows the Vandals were a 16 seed and have to play someplace as the WAC's auto qualifier, but just send them to Stanford for the bludgeoning and call it good. Flying a team from Idaho to Connecticut for a 70-point drubbing is just a waste of money. You could cut this tourney to 32 and you wouldn't hurt a thing.

I'd like to say these kind of mismatches just don't happen in the men's tournament but then this year we saw Syracuse-Montana and VCU-Akron (even tho the Zips did have some extenuating circumstances).

Didn't watch a second of the women's tournament this weekend, and I actually do watch some WBB. The first three rounds are just such mismatches, however, because of the stockpiled talent by 8-10 programs, it's just hard to watch.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Via Peter Kings' MMQ: The margin of victory for the top four seeds, who of course went 16-0 on the first weekend -- 68, 20, 17, 21, 26, 22, 14, 20, 34, 20, 16, 5, 33, 16, 30 and 42.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Are we down to UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor and the winner of Stanford-Cal yet? Because until that time, this shit is a waste of time.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They continue to do themselves in with the neutral-site scheduling decisions made a year in advance. Stanford-Cal in the Bay Area as a regional final would be a good draw. I'd even give a couple of thoughts to going to that.

Instead it will be in Spokane, where Gonzaga tanked into a 12 seed this season and lost in the first round.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They don't all work out but UConn made the Bridgeport Regional, Baylor is in Okla. City (with Oklahoma) and Duke-ND is in line in Norfolk.

It's tough to put all that together in four day's time.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Connecticut has a player named Brianna Banks, though she is injured.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Bummed that Delaware lost in Bridgeport. Think the long knives would've been out for Elena Delle Donne in a UConn-UD final?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How do you lose by 26 points in the sweet 16 as the #4 seed?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You play against UConn.

Draft saved Draft deleted