1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is anyone else watching?

My first comment isn't about the game itself, which is good so far, but about the broadcast: ESPN needs to lose the in-game interviews with the coaches. It's the god-blessed Final Four, for pete's sake. They add nothing. The coaches are both off-the-charts pissed they have to do them at all. It's completely uncomfortable to watch. They make the broadcast worse, not better.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm stunned the coaches would agree to do them.

3. Dick Whitman

I mean, this isn't pulling a coach to the side on the way to the locker room at halftime. They are pulling them out of their huddle during freaking timeouts during the basketball game. The second half of the national semifinal. Between two heated ass rivals.

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Working so not watching, but yeah, that seems ridiculous.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I just tuned in and received my annual reminder of "Skylar Diggins. Yum."

6. Dick Whitman

On a basketball note, I cannot imagine how irritating it must be for Geno that the best point guard in the country grew up in South Bend.

7. Dick Whitman

This is a hell of a game.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Against the urging of some of friends, I have stopped the recording of The Killing to watch the games. There will be repercussions later, I am sure.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're a freak :D

10. Skylar Diggins is very good. She does need to assert herself more, though.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Agree and disagree.

Mainly, they'll do what they can to make broadcasts more accessible, and if this helps bring in some people, there are much worse things to which ESPN could resort. Geno Auriemma is a piece of work - a piece of something else, too - but he'll do what he can to help the women's game.

Completely agree that the in-game interviews aren't doing anything, but the coaches would probably feel like they're trying to not help by refusing to aid the broadcasts.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe so. But she's our freak.

Draft saved Draft deleted