1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Doesn't change the fact that she's got more titles than most college coaches can dream about. Rutgers wants just this one.

It's R Time.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's spnited time.

3. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Considering that C. Vivian Stringer is the second-highest paid State employee in New Jersey, she damn well better win something soon.
    I want return on my tax dollars, damn it!

5. boots

boots New Member

Always remember, there's nothing new about jersey so forget about that return.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

...and the "C" stand for "Coach."

7. boots

boots New Member

Actually the "C" stands for Charlene.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Sideline reporter says UTs Parker is coming back for another year.
    The rest of the SEC teams hope that's not true.
    In a weak women's title game, she's done just enough to carry the Lady Vols to another crown.
    (Another feather in the cap of the Southeastern Conference.)

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I read that they're talking about starting the women's tournament a week later next season so that the Women's Final Four is the weekend after the men's Final Four. Sounds like a good idea, but they better move some of those conference tournaments later so that teams aren't idle for nearly three weeks.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Ms. Parker, though that has little to do with her game.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

She only said, "why wouldn't I want to wear orange for another year." She didn't definitively say she was coming back.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

ESPN's decision to use varying songs as it's annual "One Shining Moment" segment is both good and bad.
    I love that song by LutherV.
    But they've over-hyped it so much the past few years and I can't get as excited about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted