1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Epiphany?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Roy Williams doesn't give a shit about Tennessee.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah. She scored 113 points in a high school game. She's pretty fucking good. It's just a shame Stringer won't set her loose. Of course, Ivory Latta was let loose, and we all saw how that ended tonight.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

First of all, scoring 113 points isn't impressive, it's horrible sportsmanship.

Secondly, Rutgers is in the national title game. I'd say Stringer can contain her as much as she wants.

5. Latta sucks hard. Must be those cross-eyes keeping her from hitting shots.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

That or the guy on the Tar Heels team she's "dating" ... not sure which one he is.

7. Why should she when Rutgers got proven scorers in Kia, Essence, and Matee, who know how to get the job done especially Essence and Matee who have gone through the wars the last two years.

Epiphany's time will come. She is only in her first year as a college player.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that Rutgers gives Stringer a title. She's had a heck of a coaching career, but never has won a title. Summitt has six titles and, outside of Tennessee, there aren't many people who want her to win another one (me included.)

I think it will be an ugly final either way: Either Rutgers dictating a sluggishly show tempo and winning or Tennessee blowing out Rutgers.

9. boots

boots New Member

Vivian Stringer is class. Like it or not, so is Summit. The best thing about all of this is that Rutgers will finally get better talent nationally. The school is on a roll in several sports.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, it's EpiphaNNy... 2 n's

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Fair enough, but Pat hasn't won one since 1998. That's a loooooooong time for them. And there is no Taurasi in the way this time.

I don't see the Lady Vols losing. UNC has been their nightmare matchup for the past two years. That was the biggest hurdle. Unless this game took too much out of them, they should win tomorrow.

Plus, ESPN will be in the officials' ears telling them they better not call any more bullshit first-half fouls on Parker this time.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And this seems like as good a place as any to point out that Parker received 49 of the 50 AP All-America first-team votes.

The only person who didn't? You guessed it — Tommy Deas of Tuscaloosa. Hilarious. His reasoning? She was too versatile and couldn't be pinned down to one position.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=295572

Tommy Deas of the Tuscaloosa News was the lone voter not to select the Tennessee star.

“She is a very good player and was one of several I considered for first team,” Deas said. “I chose by position and although she is very versatile, I couldn’t pick her.”

Draft saved Draft deleted