1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

This is looking a lot like another Carolina collapse seven days earlier.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

How many of you are running a Pokey blog?

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Two semifinals, no teams with 60 points.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What a surprise that the Heels go down with Latta missing 3-pointers.

5. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

With the exception of Latta and Parker, it seemed the refs let them beat the shit out of each other.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Shocker! ::) Some never learn. Too bad.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

At least that game was more entertaining than Rutgers-LSU. ...

Maybe Hatchell will learn she needs some post players to back up her studs.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sxy, Vivian's style with that team is predicated on being almost unwatchable. Kinda like the Pistons of the Larry Brown Era. Defense, slow game to painful grind, wash, rinse, repeat ...

(I know you know that :))

And Hatchell had Erlana Larkins. She wasn't the problem. Latta's ignorant insistence on forcing shots that don't fall or trying to initiate contact and get to line when the opportunity isn't there cost Chapel Hill. Time and again.

Latta isn't alone on the floor. If she had realized that, no telling how good that team would have been.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Would love to see a season obit story on them with good art of Latta flexing both biceps late in the second half. I believe those were the only two points her team scored on a 20-2, game-ending UT run.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No doubt. Tennessee did fine tonight, but here's hoping they lose Tuesday. Because It's R Time.

I would rather see Rutgers win one title somewhere, anywhere than see Pat Summitt win her 78th.

11. Rutgers are just a win away to give Vivian her first well-deserved championship.

What a dominating performance tonight against LSU.

A 12-2 start leads to a blowout.

Everyone played great as they had throughout the tournament.

LSU just looked lost from the start. You have to credit Rutgers' Defense for getting it done as they had all tournament.

12. I have to say it's been fun watching great defense from this team. I really appreciate how they went at it against Duke's guards last week.

It's been fun watching Kia Vaughn dominate on both sides of the ball.

Essence Carson, Matte Avajon, Epiphany Prince, Myla McCuddy, and Heather Zurich have done a great job defensively. It has been a yeoman effort by the girls. It takes a lot of hard work and I appreciate the fact that these ladies are putting the effort to do so.

It's a credit to the players for listening to what Vivian had to say and it's a credit to Vivian, who I think did her finest job as the Knights coach in her tenure this year, for getting the most out of her team this year. Remember this is team with lot of underclassmen. To win a championship with this group is a tremendous tribute to her.

Draft saved Draft deleted