1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women's Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The first game was quite a surprise. That LSU team clearly didn't play as well as it did in beating UConn. Rutgers would be a terrific story if it could win the title.

I've got the feeling that the UNC-Tennessee game is going to be much better, but as long as Ivory Latta doesn't go 1-for-a bunch from the floor, I think the Tar Heels win against against the Lady Vols.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I've already seen enough missed shots. If the refs don't call some fouls to settle this down, it's going to be a hideous game.

3. Hammer Pants

Wise move by the officials to let those two teams beat the shit out of each other for the first eight minutes and then call the biggest star in the game for her second foul on a tough call. That's definitely going to help ratings.

4. ondeadline

Two of the biggest stars in the game already have two fouls: UNC's Latta and Tennessee's Parker. UNC's Hatchell is taking a huge risk leaving Latta in with two fouls.

Somebody's got to start shooting well. Maybe?

5. Hammer Pants

Yeah. They've let about 15 fouls go and called two each on two first-team All-Americans.

6. ondeadline

UNC did get burned for leaving Latta in because she picked up her third. But if you take Latta and Parker out of those lineups, the advantage shifts to the Tar Heels.

7. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

if this is any indication....
    Noah and Oden each will have 2 fouls in the first 90 seconds tomorrow...

Fox and the producers of 24 have to be salivating at that thought, while CBS Bigwigs are probably on the phone with the supervisor of officiating.

8. boots

boots New Member

Lot of lesbians are happy with the outcome.

9. ondeadline

I was wondering how far into a women's-basketball thread we'd go before an idiotic comment like that. I guess I got my answer.

10. boots

boots New Member

Hey, we only spoke of the situation at BOTH Rutgers and LSU. And we're not saying that there's anything wrong with the lesbian lifestyle.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

boots is trying his best to get me to lock other threads because he's mad I locked his.

12. boots

boots New Member

No, I'm not angry. I'm not mad. I'm just stating a situation that has been well documented about LSU and rumored in the case of Rutgers. Notice I didn't go into UNC and Tennessee.
    So you see big guy, I'm not angry or trying to get you to close a thread. I'll leave that to others. They're doing a much better job of it than I ever could.

Draft saved Draft deleted