1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Womens' College Hockey - Editors and Writers Needed

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by ncaapuck, Sep 15, 2006.

1. ncaapuck

ncaapuck New Member

USCHO.com,the #1 College Hockey News Source, has the following positions available covering women’s hockey for the 2006-2007 season.

Women’s Editor – Maintain the front page of the USCHO.com women’s section (http://www.uscho.com/women/). Edit two weekly columns and put up news releases (approximately one-two per day). These duties average 2-3 hours per week. Pay is $750 for the season.

Division I Writer – Write a weekly 1,500 word column covering Division I women’s hockey. Establish contacts with coaches, SIDs and other news sources. Produce occasional news stories dealing with NCAA Division I women’s hockey. Participate in the selection of a Player of the Week and All-USCHO teams. Approximately 20 columns are required, plus NCAA tournament coverage. The pay is $1,000 for the season.

Division III Writer – Write a weekly 1,000 word column covering Division III women’s hockey. Establish contacts with coaches, SIDs and other news sources. Produce occasional news stories dealing with NCAA Division III women’s hockey. Participate in the selection of a Player of the Week and All-USCHO teams. Approximately 18 columns are required, plus NCAA tournament coverage. The pay is $800 for the season.

Experience/skills — 1-2 years of writing and/or editing for non-profit or for-profit publications. Sports writing experience a plus.

We will also accept applications for a combined Editor/Division I Writer and Editor/Division III writer position.

If interested, please send a resume to jobs@uscho.com. Deadline for applications is September 22, 2006.

2. Saving you a trip to your calculator: That's $44.44 per column for the Div III gig.

Draft saved Draft deleted