1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women now eligible for Hockey Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Thank you, had a mental block on that one, among other things.

2. Yes, because the 1980 US hockey team's triumph has been insufficiently commemorated over the past 29 years.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

All I was doing was drawing a parallel.

4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Not in the HHOF it hasn't.

I can't remember whether it was in the old IIHF Hall in Kingston. I know there was a display for the Summit Series there.

What a quaint little place it was. Does anyone in Ont. know if it's still open?

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Sorry ... it's not the IIHF HOF. It's International Hockey Hall of Fame. It lost its affiliation with IIHF in '98.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Hockey_Hall_of_Fame

If you're ever there, though, stop in. It's a treat.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

The team has been inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, something else our HHOF should do but doesn't. Paul Henderson has advocated that very thing, putting Team Canada 1972 into the hall en masse, and I think it's a wonderful idea.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

This is the earliest known photograph of a women's hockey game. It was taken around 1890 in Ottawa.

[​IMG]

The young woman in white is Isobel Stanley, daughter of the man who gave us the Stanley Cup. :)

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/hockey/024002-2200-e.html?PHPSESSID=sqs283a87kdb9o6kb5kir0dh71

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted