1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women, men and phones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I think it's a particular curse of the younger set, the ones who still view romance through the fairy tale glasses. I would think that a woman who dates a 51-yr-old man would realize that he's going to be set in his ways. And again, vice versa. A 51-yr-old woman won't be changing for anyone.

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

One problem is that, at first, men and women DO change - or act differently - in the worthy pursuit of intercou... er, companionship.

But to try to do so long term is a losing proposition.

The phone thing is a minor eccentricity, one of those humorous gaps men and women will probably never bridge so you'll just live with. But more egregious attempts to be something other than you are, they just aren't worth it.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Fixed

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Like the bathroom thing! So many gender-based diversions there, it's really funny.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

?

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Never mind. I get it. And, of course, that's a very good point.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My wife is the worst phone talker. EVER.

She will call me at work, then within in seconds of me saying "hello," she'll tell me to hold. She'll talk to everybody else about something while I hear their entire conversation.

Yet, she gets annoyed when I try to call her at work because I'm interrupting her productivity. And she still wonders why she gets my voice mail so often.

Draft saved Draft deleted