1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women Making their UFC Debut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Feb 22, 2013.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not the one on the right. I hate tattoos on women. Ugly.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I agree 100 percent.

3. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Fallon Fox had gender reassignment surgery in 2006 and is currently 2-0 fighting as a female. The Florida State Boxing Commission, having found out about her transgender status, is reviewing her license. I have no idea if being born a man will give her any competitive advantage; she says that it doesn't. Either way it’s an interesting case.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/with-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-unchartered-territory-comes-with-complicate

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Guess if you kick her in the balls we will find out...

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I prefer to call those gills.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak," Mitrione said. "And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That's disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/sport/mma-fighter-suspended/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Gender reassignment surgery? So that's what they're calling it these days? Um, OK.

As for UFC, where is Tanya Harding when you need her.

8. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Yeah, the UFC doesn't take kindly to its fighters running their mouths like this and drawing all kinds of negative attention. All you have to do is look back at the fighters getting in trouble for their rape tweets and things like that to know that's what happened here.
    On another note, I'm glad to see some MMA discussion on here. Good to know I'm not the only one who pays attention to it. I might try to start up some threads or something if a major PPV or news event is coming up.

9. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

My favorite fighters were Brock Lesnar, Kurt Pelligrino, Chris Leben, and Vladimir "The Janitor" Matyushenko. That's all I got.

10. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

An interesting mix of fighters right there.

Draft saved Draft deleted