1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women in men's locker rooms and vice versa

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NDJournalist, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm pretty sure the WNBA has always been open. The ABL was open for most of its short existence, but I don't think it was open the whole time...

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

No I didn't imagine a damn thing. The Bengals played the Jets in the first freaking game of the season. After that game, Sammy baby went on a rant about women in the locker room. He didn't bar anyone out like he did in Seattle, which occurred three weeks later.
    Now what is the point you are trying hard to make?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That you're full of shit.

It's a recurring theme on a couple of threads right now.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

If I'm so full of shit, prove me wrong. I just gave you everything that happened. And it was BEFORE THE SEATTLE GAME!!!
    You obviously wasn't there. I was. Look it up. And when you find it I expect an apology but I know you won't give one.

5. LongTimeListener

I looked, Drip. I can't find a word of coverage of anything Sam Wyche said about the issue in Week 1. You post. You do it, Drip.

Zeke Mowatt decided to be a publicly subhuman piece of shit after the Patriots' Week 2 game in 1990. The Jets and Bengals played in Week 1 at Riverfront. To my recollection, this was not a percolating issue until Mowatt made it one, and in reading back on it I see that the only thing that comes up about Wyche other than the Seattle game is his private reaction to the NFL directive that came out after the Mowatt punishment.

If you can find something about Sam Wyche addressing this issue in Week 1, by all means, please educate me. I am sure someone would have written about it if it was such a memorable rant.

Otherwise we'll just call this another Drip Being Drip.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't have to look up anything. I was there and obviously you were not. There are one or two veteran pro football writers who are along here and worked either the Cincinnati or New York market during that time that can vouch for what I'm saying.
    I guess you're trying to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about is another case of LongTimeListener being LongTimeListener. I've got no problem but I fully expect an apology from you. I know you won't apologize, but I expect one nonetheless.

7. LongTimeListener

So just to double-check, no link then?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't get this. You're asking me for permission to double check something I saw and experienced and you will eventually look up anyway?
    You just gave me my laugh for the day. Thanks.
    Have fun.
    I await your apology.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Trust him LTL; he remembers this well because this was the day he took Lt. Dan and Jenny out to dinner after he filed his story.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Actually, they took me out the day before.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did Lt. Dan order ice cream?

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

No, he passed on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.