1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women in combat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by turski7, Jan 24, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't believe stuff I read.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If we want to slash government, here's a fine place to start. Surely we can use the SSN database to pull up all the 18-34 year olds not getting a disability check. Bet it could be on some general's desk before he's back from lunch.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

1. I would so smoke the APFT today.

2. I'm surprised the echo chamber's not on about Panetta leaking the move to upstage Hillary.

4. Martha McSally, who lost her election bid in Gavrielle Giffords' district, came out for the change.

5. Apparently I'm too stupid to understand even a simple table like this. What's the minimum score required? Do you simply need to reach a certain total score, or do you need to make a minimum in all three categories?

Just curious ...

6. 60 points in each event to pass, but only 50 points is needed to graduate Basic Training.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's a link to download the official APFT scorecard, which is easier to read:

http://www.armyprt.com/downloads/da-form-705-apft-scorecard-2.shtml

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Anyone who doesn't believe women can thrive in combat has not been in the midst of the Selfridge's Boxing Day sale.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is one case where women's rights advocates are in the wrong.

There are always exceptions to any rule, of course, but to pretend that there are no physical differences between men and women is generally stupid. Women don't belong on the front lines, and I predict that many are one day going to admit that they should have been careful what they wished for, especially because they really just did it in principle, not reality.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Women get killed by IEDs while driving trucks. It's harder to move up in ranks to top spots if combat is blocked for women. Certainly there are women who are unfit. Just like plenty of men are unfit.

11. turski7

turski7 Member

The biology aside, couldn't the military create women-only combat units, you know, like they have now with men? It avoids the physical limitations.
    I don't have a problem with it. If a woman wants to put her life in jeopardy on the front line, who am I to say no. It takes guts just to sign with the military, especially volunteering for a combat unit.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted