1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women as funny people.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 5, 2008.

1. I didn't see Tim Allen do any standup, but Home Improvement was all about being a man.

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

I think the author of this thread is confused. Neither Jonah Hill or Seth Rogen are stand-up comedians. They are actors who can play the role of a funny man.

I suspect there are thousands of women who can do the same. The only reason you don't see it (I think) is because of society's double-standard when it comes to the dick and fart jokes. It's (sort of) funny coming from a guy and (sort of) weird coming from a girl.

Maybe it's time to push the envelope, GNBF.

Boobs and pap smear jokes, anyone?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but it wasn't so much about how men and women "relate." And for the record, Rob Becker's Defending the Caveman was damn funny.

4. I believe my favorite joke from Home Improvement was when Tim suffered a hernia because he lifted something too heavy while working in the garage with his youngest son. He said not to tell the mom about it because it was man pain.
    He then explained that you know it's man pain if you hurt yourself doing something stupid.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Home Improvement, like most prime-time sitcoms (Drew Carey, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.), was based off Tim Allen's stand-up material.

If you actually see some of those actors' early material, then watch the first seasons of their shows, it's kind of cool -- especially Drew Carey. For the first four or five episodes, all of those jokes from the stand-up make their way onto the episodes.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Stupid Mark -- fucking squealer.

"She tricked me."

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

My women don't have time for funny. There's cooking to be done.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

New to this thread ... Boy, this is one random bit of knowledge.

Draft saved Draft deleted