1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women as funny people.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 5, 2008.

1. I gotta say, this is a silly conversation. Some of the funniest people I know happen to have vaginas instead of dicks.
    You dismiss women as playing stereotypes, but most comedians play a stereotype. That's how they do their thing.
    And like was previously mentioned, almost all comedians are in at least their late 20s before you ever hear of them.
    For what it's worth, I'll take Maya Rudolph as the funniest thing on Saturday Night Live since Will Ferrell left and she started there in her late 20s.

2. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

She's far past her 20s, but Chelsea Handler to me is the funniest woman on TV, followed closely by Tina Fey.

Love me some "Chelsea Lately."

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

great post, dude. i hope you post around here more often.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Man oh man, my point isn't that women aren't funny, but that funny girls in their early 20s arent exactly growing on trees. Ellen Degeneres is absolutely hilarious, as is Chelsea Handler.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There aren't a huge number of men that age who are funny either. . .

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, GB ... you keep belabouring the point about women in their early 20s. But when you supported your claim, you chose to label all women comedians as being funny due to stereotypes.

Pick one point and argue it, please.

7. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

It's also messed up how women want to be able to vote and don't think they have to make men sandwiches.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm a guy and will admit that was quite cock-like.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

quite joke-like as well.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Tina Fey and Leslie Mann.... funny as hell.... and hot.

11. Kathy Griffin, Margaret Cho, Whoopi Goldberg, Ellen DeGeneres, and Joan Rivers are all hilariously funny women.

Do they fit the bill for traditional white male heteronormative humor? Nope. And that's why they're often discounted or overlooked. They're not Seinfeld. But they are all very talented, and possess wonderful senses of humor.

12. Add Elvira Kurt, Vickie Shaw, and Judy Gold to that list.

Draft saved Draft deleted