1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women as funny people.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I posted earlier that I went to school with dozens of funny women 18-23.

Maybe the women you know don't seem funny because the jokes they're making are...

(A) Behind your back and
    (B) At your expense.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Point, Lugnuts.

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Buck alluded to this - how many funny girls - or just people - get a chance to be funny, on a large scale, in their early 20s? Comedy is a tough field to break into...hell, Hill and Rogen are in their mid-20s.

And whether or not a person is exposed to the world as funny might not depend solely on how funny he/she is, but who he/she knows.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Understood, M_E, but I'm not just talking about actresses. I'm talking about friends, classmates, etc.

I know girls who are funny, but none who I could picture as a comedic actress at this age. My friend Diana is very funny and stunning, but she could never be a comedian, or at least a comedic actress in her early 20s, which I'm trying to figure out.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think you're off base here, GBNF. Of all the high school athletes I've gotten to know over the years, the four or five funniest are all girls.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Talking about sex with my grandma is where I draw the line man.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, we don't go far into detail. If she asks, I don't hide. And sometimes, it's an important part of the story. I edit for no one.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you see some of the things they wear? Shoes with skinny-skinny-skinny heels that make them look like they're gonna topple like a Weeble? And some of the things they eat? Cottage cheese? I mean they have to be doing it just to get a cheap laugh by grossing us out, but for some reason they won't simply pick a booger and wipe it on their pants like we do. Anyway, they can't be serious. Gotta be a joke.

[/ducking]

9. Flash

Flash Guest

http://www.cultureproject.org/wcs/comedy.html

http://www.wwkcb.com/

There's a few of them in here, too:

http://www.justforlaughs.com/comedians

You just gotta do our homework, toots.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I just looked at all three of those sites, and I don't think I saw a comedian there in their early 20s. I might be mistaken, but I don't think so.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

No wonder you can't get any.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

A few years ago, my Abuela loved Shakira. That gives her cool points.

Draft saved Draft deleted