1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women and the Masters, here we go again

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by vivbernstein, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

That's a fair point. That's why my position, a few pages ago, was that even though I didn't believe ANGC was necessarily liable for this, I also didn't mind seeing them get slapped around for it little anyway.

Maybe not picket-and-protest slapped, but certainly a little public embarrassment is OK.

My point of the analogy was that even if you are one of the people on this board who believes AGNC is 100 percent innocent, it doesn't mean you are unsympathetic to Tara, as the "hope you don't have daughters" post implied.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is in no way directed at MisterCreosote, who has apologized with class.

But the time has come to put the "I hope you don't have children" invective in the garbage can where it belongs. Nobody, none of you, has the right to wish that upon someone else, especially anonymous people on a message board.

You can disagree with an outlook on this issue. You can take it personally, sure, if you need to. But the "I hope you don't have children" line? Permanent moratorium. Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.