1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women and the Masters, here we go again

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by vivbernstein, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivbernstein

vivbernstein Member

Tara Sullivan of the Bergen Record was barred from the locker room after the Masters.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

*insert cheap Schwartzel joke here*

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

With a name like Tara??

4. Never having covered a Masters, has this been a policy in place in previous years?

(It's ridiculous. I'm just wondering why this hasn't come up before 2011).

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the thread title be women and their masters?

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I posted in the Masters running thread before seeing this one. In my day, no one went past a particular point in the locker room ... there was a guard standing between that anteroom and the locker room proper. At no point in the week did you get into the locker room proper. Further, after the actual competitive rounds you either got the players in the interview room or you caught them outside the scorer's tent. Would assume that's the same way today.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Following up ... read her tweets, apparently I am/was in the wrong. Others were allowed into the locker room but not her. Definitely at minimum a dropped ball on ANGC's part.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The Masters media guy told her it was a misunderstanding by the security folks and that she should have been given full access. Overzealous weekend security guards strike again.

http://twitter.com/#!/Record_Tara

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

She sure did a lot of writing, tweeting and interview giving on deadline. Impressive.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

One of the reasons why media organizations need to stop covering the event. It's just a tournament in the end. Why are media organizations so afraid of ANGC? I know TV is because CBS and ESPN operate on one-year contracts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.