1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman with 70 IQ set for Va. execution

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Canada will just set up a commission if there is a human-rights violation, like getting your cable shut off. BTW, a lot of countries still have capital punishment on the books for treason.

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

It was Arkansas. Not Bill Clinton's shining hour.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

This.

And if that were my family members she was convicted of killing/orchestrating their killings, I'd want to be the one holding the syringe.

Don't tell me it isn't humane. It wasn't humane what she was convicted of doing to her husband and step-son either. They didn't have a choice. Neither should she.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And if the convicted woman was your daughter or sister or wife, you would spare no expense to see that she was spared jail time or granted a new trial or acquitted by whatever technicality a smart lawyer would come up with.

So much for "If it was my family . . . " justice. Not an issue. Can never be an issue.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

WFMFW

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Exactly. He didn't want the case to be his Willie Horton.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Perhaps she could work in newspaper management.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but no one will ever convince me that in true incremental dollars spent, administering the death penalty costs more than keeping someone incarcerated for 30-40 or more years.

And save me the studies and whitepapers showing otherwise, written or funded by anti-death penalty groups coincidentally I'm sure. Voodoo accounting at its best.

9. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Amen to that! I also hate those biased MADD types that have the gall to tell me that not drinking and driving or not putting on my seatbelt increases my risk of injury or death in a car wreck. They're just trying to push through their agenda!

10. Mizzougrad96

Agree completely.

11. Mizzougrad96

More people who should be put to death. :D

12. Jay, I will say this . . . I support the death penalty, but what you wrote may be the only thing within this thread that makes me stop and think about that decision. To me, the only good argument either for or against brought up yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted