1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman sparks controvery over photo at Arlington National Cemetery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If she has some sort of guarantee of disciplinary due process, i.e. a union contract, she's got some recourse.

If not, stupidity has consequences. Hasta la vista.

2. This.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

So what? Dumbassery is free speech, too.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fired? For that? Good grief.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

If this was a personal trip or at her personal expense, I think it would be way over the line for her to be fired for this.

It sounds like she was there as one of the company's staff who brought some residents (adults with learning disabilities) to Arlington. So not only was she on the company's dime, she was on a trip with some consumers who look to her for an example of how to behave.

I would expect my 13-year-old son to have enough maturity not to do something like that in such a place, let alone allow it to be photographed and put it on a Facebook page. If I'm her boss, I wonder about her maturity and what she has done in the past, "being the douchebag" that she is, that hasn't been captured on film.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Perhaps she'll meet the Marshall get-over-the-crash guy, they'll reproduce, their kids will become teens and rebel against everything their parents value and become actual human adults.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be? I would be.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Freedom to fire someone for fucking around on company time.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A Facebook page to protest a Facebook posting? A whole lot of people need to get out of their parents' basements, and the sooner the better.,

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Can she be fired? Sure.

Do I feel comfortable rooting for it, let alone actively calling for it? Not really.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

It is really not a hard concept to separate your work life from your home life. Nothing wrong with a little space.

On the company dime, act as such. On your own dime, act as such. And keep them separate.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have absolutely no problem saying she should be fired. It's not even so much what she did (the woman is obviously a moron), it's her lack of judgment. And the further proof of lack of judgment when asked to explain her actions.

Bye.

Draft saved Draft deleted