1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman sparks controvery over photo at Arlington National Cemetery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe this is the start of a phenomenon where douchebags get their douchebaggery handed back to them.

I have one in my office -- maybe you do too.

All douche, all the time. Every fucking thing out of their mouth is snark, sarcasm and completely manufactured contrarianism.

Now I can be pretty snarky, sarcastic, contrarian and douchey myself at times. But I understand that 96% of the time, the general public Does. Not. Want. To. Hear. It.

The Office Douche does not. A continual, unending monologue of unremitting douchery. For some reason this person has not been fired yet, despite numerous actions and loud statements in the office which would get almost everybody else shitcanned, but apparently the PTB have decided this person's douchebaggery is acceptable.

But I fully expect at some point they will go way way off the rails and insult/attack one of Mr. Publisher's most treasured sacred cows, OR engage in this high-volume douchebaggery in front of someone who isn't supposed to see or hear it, and it will be hasta la vista.

It's called "social pressure." Pressure to act like a human, not an animal.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Send that person's resume to Deadspin and Slate. Problem solved!

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sadly, the Office Douche doesn't get run off anymore. The merit system has been replaced by the "everyone according to their own abilities" system, which is why you end up with a double workload while the Office Douche is free to commit the office douchery every fucking day.

You are only as good as your leaders. Now more than ever, it seems.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What would it take to be a Ten Gallon Douche?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not before Lugnuts.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

that tongue could hold a mini-lake.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Amazingly/astonishingly/enragingly, a substantial part of the Office Douche's nonstop flow of douchery is stuff that uttered by different persons would earn them an express trip to the HR office, an official reprimand for sexual harassament, and placement on double-secret-probation status (i.e. 'one more of these and you're done').

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I know. I've seen it in my jobs. It's mind-boggling.

Draft saved Draft deleted