1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman Says She Was Fired From State Job Because She Worked at Hooters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I can understand that. But, in that case, the application should clearly state list ALL previous employment history. Failure to do so will disqualify you from consideration for employment with X state.

If it doesn't state that, then the applicant can determine what information to provide.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I was told by a friend that if I took a job working at an adult bookstore I might have a tough time getting a teaching job down the road. I tend to think that might be true, but still who gives a shit where someone worked when they needed a job. I mean within reason of course, a job is a job.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Honestly, you could leave it off of your resume.

If you did not break the law at the bookstore, you did nothing wrong. It also has nothing to do with what you want to teach.

I would never bring it up in a school setting, though.

Also, for many crimes, underage drinking for example, it is much better to be honest about it than seeing if something pops when they run your fingerprints on a background check.

I even think a little possession is permissable so long as it was a one-time offense, the person was honest and it was a very small amount.

4. I wonder if all of the information has been put into this story. It just seems a bit fishy to me. If this woman did state in her interview that she worked at Hooters and didn't put it on the application, why didn't the interviewer inform her then she was in the wrong? Something isn't right about this whole thing.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

My dream is to open a sandwich joint with male bartenders in bicycle shorts and pool tables.. Call it Buns and Balls.

6. Notepad

Notepad Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ninety-five percent of this board is clicking this post solely to see if anyone's found this person's picture yet. The other five percent legitimately want to argue this topic.

8. Notepad

Notepad Member

Ninety-five Ninety-eight percent of this board is clicking this post solely to see if anyone's found this person's picture yet. The other five two percent legitimately want to argue this topic.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I confess to being one of the people waiting for the photo.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

10 percent of the board is female. Chances are BYM's 5 percent is closer to reality.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

Ninety-five Ninety-eight 100 percent of this board is clicking this post solely to see if anyone's found this person's picture yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted