1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman killed after responding to Craigslist ad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl2, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Death.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Dumbass statement of the month goes to this kid. Why would you use monogrammed towels?

"Olson's purse and a bag containing bloody towels, one of which bore Anderson's name, were found in trash nearby."

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

You just know that some newspaper execs are hacked off, though, that Craigslist got the business and the publicity rather than their precious classified ads...

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This has been a huge story not just in the Twin Cities, but in Outstate as well.

By all accounts, she was a fantastic young woman with a very bright future.

RIP

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The girl was a friend of a friend. I'm sure it goes without saying, but her friends and family are really torn up about it.

My friend also said (and I believe it's in the story) that it wasn't the first time she'd answered an online ad for a nanny. All the pictures I've seen of her from my friend have been of a generally happy girl. That's what makes me so sick about this. She was helpful and honest and sweet. RIP.

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

From the article, "When confronted with evidence, Anderson admitted he was present during Olson's slaying but said the killing was committed by a friend of his who "thought it would be funny," according to the complaint."

Does that mean that, when the State of Minnesota executes these two fucktards, I can consider it fun, too?

Seriously though, it is very, very sad.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't think Minnesota has the death penalty. Which is too bad in this case.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So why is he only charged with second-degree murder?

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Because he didn't do the actual killing himself? (or so he claims)

Sounds like the friend is lined up to get the first degree murder charge. Hope they bring that person in soon, if indeed, they do exist.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, spup, condolences on the loss.

And this bastard will get his just due in the big house. He looks like the type that enjoyed killing neighborhood cats when he was younger.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'll pass that along to my friend. I didn't know her, but my best friend from high school is pretty torn up right now.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of controls--if any--are in place on Craigslist? How can Craigslist guarantee something like this tragedy never happens again?

Draft saved Draft deleted