1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman in Atlantic City rolls the bones for four hours

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, May 26, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Why are we here? Because we're here.
    Roll the bones.
    Why does it happen? Because it happens.
    Roll the bones.

:D

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1028098

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How much of that 10 grand did they tip you? Hopefully, a generous amount.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That it took us to the bottom of Page 2 to get a Rush reference, I consider it to be a mild upset.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

IJAG:
    Right there with you regarding craps; blackjack is easier. I can count to 21; I can't figure out what the hell is goin' on with craps.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Used to feel like that. After you play a few times it is just as easy.

I don't like standing and waiting around though in craps, which is why blackjack will always be better.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No question. When she finally did seven-out, I bet you couldn't even see the felt for all the chips that must have been on the layout. And only then did the pit bosses stop sweating (if they were still employed; I wonder how many stall tactics they were using over the last couple hours of that).

Thankfully, I'm long since removed from my degenerate gambling days, but I can daydream about how much I would have made off a 154-throw roll. It would have been pay-off-the-mortgage money -- that is, if my flight was leaving an hour after the roll.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm telling you they may not have lost so much. Odds are they lost, but people are stupid. They make dumb bets. Hoppin bets, C & E's don't comes...

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am not getting into a Texas deathmatch over this, but at least what I've seen for decades, the people play the points...4-6 and 8-10. I've never seen people load up on the craptastic bets, and when a roller is rolling hot, anyone betting is playing the pass, come, and points.

Just my two cents.

9. I once rolled for close to an hour at the Bellagio in Vegas.

Of course I was the only one at the table and I lost about $600.

10. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

And with that $600 you might have landed the 2 ladies in your avatar.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

According to this annoying report, she says she made 10 grand - others made more, and she tipped.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Poin' you are probably right, but I've lost enough money at the craps table to know, that's not for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted