1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman, 92, killed after starting a gunfight with narcs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Nov 22, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

See, that's just wrong, xan. Funny as hell, but wrong.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I tell you what causes stuff like this: Video games. Granny plays a little too much GTA and what's a girl gonna do when the cops knock down your door?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Which begs the question, why does a 92-year-old woman have a gun? Seriously. If you can't drive anymore, then what makes you think you're still a good shot when cops bust the place? Does she hunt on weekends? What am I missing here?

I'm guessing she owned that gun for a reason. Sounds like the cops had good reason to be there.

4. busuncle

busuncle Member

Why does a 92-year-old woman in a high-crime neighborhood own a gun? Whether she's a drug dealer or a law-abiding granny, doesn't that question answer itself?

5. joe

joe Active Member

Sounds to me like she was a pretty good shot if she hit three of them.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

She owned a gun because it was, reputedly, the worst neighbourhood in Georgia. They had a warrant because an undercover cop had bought from a younger man at the same address.

Drugs were found on the premises and taken away for testing.

This is just a tragic case of someone being in an awful neighbourhood where crime is the norm having an itchy trigger finger because of where she lives and having the misfortune to open fine on cops instead of robbers.

Draft saved Draft deleted