1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WOLVERINES! A "Red Dawn" remake may be in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, May 19, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And who does that better than the United States?

I don't think the gangbangers would become patriots, even if they'd be portrayed that way in other parts of the country. But I think, even if they sided with them at first, most gang memebers would see an invading army coming through South Central as a threat to their way of life and respond accordingly. Not patriotism in the classic sense, but a twisted form nonetheless.
    The U.S. government would use that to its advantage. Get them some arms and cash, make a few empty promises for after the war, maybe drop in a few special forces advisors to hone their military tactics, and they could become a potent weapon.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As long as they are getting paid, I think the gangs wouldn't care which nation owned their city.

And unlike the Iraqis and Afghanis, the gang members don't have an ideological slant that would make them willing to sacrifice themselves in door-to-door combat against crack military squads. They'd either be slaughtered or would evacuate the city ASAP, unless there's money to be made.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

If this doesn't star Kiefer Sutherland, I will be VERY disappointed.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Personally, the latter is what I think would actually happen. You send in a solid division with some element of surprise, they'd never know what hit them. Hell, you probably wouldn't even have to do that. Just use your intelligence services to off a few gang leaders, sow some confusion, and let them slug it out amongst themselves. When things start to settle down, you send in the troops to mop up what's left.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In our time, no foreign army has ever occupied American soil. Until now.

The invading armies planned for everything—except for eight kids called “The Wolverines.”

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'd wager the new invaders will be Chinese/North Koreans.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

God, that brings me back.

They just don't make teasers like they used to.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Will it still be the name of a local school sports collective?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

America: We lost the war on drugs but won the war against the Commies!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cheesiest movie ever.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Go to Hell Canadian. You'll never understand the American pride I feel when I watch Red Dawn. The greatest movie ever.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Red Dawn II: The Return of Jennifer Grey's Original Nose.

Draft saved Draft deleted