1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wolfson honors Tebow, wears eyeblack

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SouthernStyle, Nov 29, 2009.

1. SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle Member

Did anyone else notice Tracy Wolfson sporting her Tim Tebow eyeblack during the Florida-FSU game? I know it's an unspoken rule that everyone is supposed to gush over this kid, but c'mon. Wearing eyeblack to honor a player while working as a sideline reporter on a nationally televised game? Talk about CBS crossing a line.

2. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Kind of dumb and improper if that occurred. Should have done it on Halloween. It's TV, though, so we shouldn't be surprised.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dude, calm down. He said "eyeblack," not "sheer black"

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I saw her doing a couple of interviews, but I didn't notice the eyeblack. Was that at the end of the game? Did she have scripture on them?

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I make no exceptions for television.

If his boss had news sense and ethics, he'd be gone.

7. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

And we see how much attention Billy T pays to sideline reporters,

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think it was CBS on one eye thing, Sports on the other.

At least it wasn't Tebow 3:16.

Yet.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I caught that bit. She was talking about how Florida's athletic department was urging fans to wear eyeblack, similar to those hokey "whiteout" or "blackout" games. And then they showed Wolfson wearing the eyeblack. Near as I can tell, it was for the one report only. It was cheesy and harmless but, yes, it did cross a line that shouldn't have been crossed.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In this just in news ...
    The Florida administration is encouraging everyone to go naked to the SEC title game in honor of the American servicemen defending our country.
    CBS Sports sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson will be among those not wearing clothes for the game.
    "I have a hand mic," she said. "So I don't really need clothes on to pin a mic to or anything. I'm just glad to be able to support the troops."
    Officials at the Atlanta Dome are worried about fans masturbating in the stands, but they figure that is just the price to pay for such a stirring tribute to those in Iraq and Afghanistan, among other places.
    Gary Danielson and Verne Lundquist will be calling the game for CBS and both are excited about being nude in the booth.
    "I'll be out there and I'll be loving it," Lundquist said, as for Danielson, he said he thinks fans will be disappointed when they see his naked body.
    "I'm covered in tattoos," he said. "The only parts of my body not inked up are my face and hands, the parts people normally see on TV, so it will look like I've been dipped in body paint."
    Danielson wouldn't say what his tattoos looked like, but one is reported to be a tribute to the Dark Lord Musburger and another says, "ESPN SUCKS."
    — From staff and wire reports

11. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I am in a pretty crappy mood, JF, but I had to laugh at that. Awesome.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Absolute gold Jay.

Draft saved Draft deleted