1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woke and shaved - Gillette ad and the people who hate it.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Iron_chet, Jan 15, 2019.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Oddly, dollar shave club spends a lot of money on right-wing radio advertising...this has to be gold for them.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

X-Hack likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Robert Kraft doesn't own Gillette. He sold Gillette naming rights.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm fully woke when I see the price of refill cartridges. But I've used the Gillette Fusion Power for years and am too old to go changing now.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve been using the yellow one for the past few months and it’s fantastic. But not cheap.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They would only vote for Pat Robertson

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Old-school double-edged safety razor (Merkur) with Derby blades. You can buy a 2-year supply for about 10 bucks and the shave is much better than you'll get with a cartridge once you know what you're doing. Unfortunately they don't travel well (I haven't seen a DE razor with a cover for the blade and I don't want to waste blades), so Harry's razor and blades for travel and for showering at the gym.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The same people who wail and gnash their teeth about how men's issues are ignored start frothing at the mouth when corporations and institutions start taking men's issues seriously? I'm starting to get the sense some of this might all be a work....

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Seriously? You prefer the ones who voted for Trump?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, this'll make money for Dollar Shave Club. There isn't any question.

Millennials will like the Gillette thing, though. They generally get a charge out of companies embracing progressive morality, especially if it gives them a chance to talk about it on social media.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted