1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wojo's A-Rod column trumps Reilly's by a country mile

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Andy _ Kent, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3916883

Thought this deserved a separate thread rather than be buried in the Reilly thread. And I have to say, coming from a columnist writing for the WWL, I was rather impressed that he didn't fall prey to his employer's financial interests in MLB and water down his copy.

As for Reilly's MVP piece ... meh.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

As a Hall voter, I sign off on this plan!

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Country Mile? Andy Kent you sound more like Rod Allen.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm not a hall voter, nor should I be, but I agree with the plan.

5. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Never had the opportunity to use that term before in print, so I figured the safest place to start would be an SportsJournalists.com thread.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:mad: So I have the streaming 'net feed of Radio Margaritaville playing in the background, I open that link and ... I get some halfwit screaming, "STU-U-U-U-U-U-UB-HUB!" blasting out of my computer. :mad:

I would like to drive to Bristol, find the halfwit responsible for that and use a pair of Vise-Grips to pick him up by his nose. Seriously, Worldwide Leader ... pissing people off is no way to make money.

And I didn't want to see his video blog, either. If I ask you to send me particular content, then you have permission to do so. But as for your push content ... turn that sumbitch sideways and shove it up your candy ass! [/TheRock]

7. micke77

micke77 Member

I wholeheartedly approve of Gene W.'s plan.
    The clock is ticking, A-Roid, and it's your move.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Wow. More sanctimonious bullshit.

9. Is there any column that is negative toward an athlete on the steroid issue with which you could agree? Otherwise, just say "ALL NEGATIVE STORIES ABOUT ATHLETES AND STEROIDS ARE BULLSHIT! AND SANCTIMONIOUS!" and save yourself and the rest of us some time.

And I say that with all due respect.

10. At this point, Doc, I don't believe there is one that I've read that I can say wasn't.

11. I disagree, but fair enough.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There have been plenty. This wasn't one of them. Columns that provide genuine insight, original thinking, undiscussed ideas, etc. are all worthwhile and add to the discussion. But the all-too-easy columns in which columnists set themselves up as arbiters of morality are usually disingenuous at best and I treat them as such.

Draft saved Draft deleted