1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA - Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olayinka Sanni the rookie from West Virginia University is now the starting center for the Detroit Shock. She's a good fantasy pickup if you need a big woman in the middle. It will be interesting to see what Bill Lambeer does with her.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think 'dexter was just horsin' around.

3. Boom_70

The Fever plays LA Sparks on Thursday. That should be a good game. Lisa Leslie and Candace Parker so far seem very tough to handle for any team.

4. Somebody was telling me that the WNBA game last night on ESPN2 did a 1 share. I'm not sure if that was just local or if that's a national number. If true - isn't that the same rating ESPN got for David Beckham's first game in the states for whatever soccer team he's playing for?

5. Boom_70

I thought Beckahm game was around a 4 national. He plays for the Red Bulls - the New York entry for MLS

6. Really? That many people watched a soccer game? Was there a half-time concert by the Spice Girls or something?

7. Boom_70

The number was skewed by big audiences in NY and LA

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Doesn't Beckham play for the Galaxy?

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yep.

Boom's just being his usual "indifferent" self. ::)

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Wrong coast, Boom.

11. I though he played for an LA team but I saw a highlight tonight of him playing for England. I think he was hurt his whole time in the US and left the country. I mean after that first game you never heard anything about him but then again soccer doesn't get much coverage unless it's high school.

12. Boom_70

My bad - I stand corrected. I just remember there was some kind of game last year with the Red Bulls and they kept mentioning Beckam. I wrongly assumed that is who he played for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.