1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA Finals fever - catch it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 14, 2016.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I was at a kid birthday party at one of those bounce-house joints (the guy who owns that franchise has to be living on a tropical island now) and saw a line on ESPN ticker noting something about largest blowout in WNBA history. So, for the first and likely last time, I checked a WNBA score on my phone.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Fucking hell. I'm going to have PTSD flashbacks after watching that from my time on the girls basketball beat.

There were some games--my god.

I think one final score was 12-1.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Didn't Cleveland win the title in that other women's league that competed with the WNBA for a couple of years in the 90s?

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

How soon you forget two-time ABL champion Columbus Quest.

Really put the city on the map after the World League debacle of the early 90s. #OhioGlory

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The second championship for the Quest was only because they had the best record the day the league folded, correct? Or did the ABL get to a third season?

Draft saved Draft deleted