1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WKRP release date, price announced

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 3, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

During my Christmas shopping I was shocked to learn that Moonlighting is not on DVD yet.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I don't know what you're talking about: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_2/002-7923742-9763239?ie=UTF8&keywords=moonlighting&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amoonlighting%2Ci%3Advd&page=1

3. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

My memory is fuzzy. (though the ones of Loni Anderson are quite clear even now!). Why do they have to replace the music? Just to update or to counter Dr. Johnny's taste in songlists?

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Rights and clearances. They probably couldn't pony up the money to get the rights to every song they played on the show.

5. "Bailey, you can't come in here. This is the men's room."

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Loved the episode with Sparky Anderson. Jennifer said she had a season ticket and Sparky rattled off the exact seat.

And of course there were the many strange advertisements like Red Wigglers, "the Cadillac of Worms".

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Release has been delayed to April 24, you can preorder for under $30 on amazon.com

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

A little taste from www.tvshowsondvd.com
    [​IMG]

9. I still have some of the classics, such as the turkey episode, on tape in a closet somewhere. As for No. 6, for some of us they were all Bailey's shows.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I bought a DVD set of all the episodes off of E-Bay a couple of years ago that includes the original music.

11. "Hey, you're young and swingin'..."

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Let's just say she's from Belgium and I'm pretty pleased...

Draft saved Draft deleted