1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WKBW (IRV) Rap Song... Hello Southern ON...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by eiregi, Jul 22, 2006.

1. eiregi

eiregi Member

While living outside the WNY during the rap era... I wikipedia some Buffalo stuff... I came across the WKBW rap song... be nice... long time lurker... first time poster... beers on me....  ;D... cut and paste the link....

http://www.staffannouncer.com/irv/audio/eyewitnessnewsrap.wma

2. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

definitely cheesy, but funny if you grew up in that area with the old "ask irv" promos.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's 11 o'clock. Do you know where your children are?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Fire in Cheetawaga! Armed robbery in Tonawanda!

5. eiregi

eiregi Member

Anchorman (?)... Bufaalo Braves - San Diego Cliippers... hmm...

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I liked watching Commander Tom on Sunday mornings.....

And watching Buffalo news used to puzzle me just like watching "In The Heat Of The Night." Sparta, Mississippi was a tiny, tiny town, yet its population never seemed to go down despite two or three murders every week. Then you had Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, North Tonawanda and Lackawanna continuing to burn night after night on WKBW, WIVB and WGRZ.....they never seemed to run out of houses. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Everyone moved to Clarence.

Tom Jolls and Bill Clinton, separated at birth.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Clip Smith ruled!

9. Maple Sugar

Maple Sugar Member

Double J: During the outing the topic of Carvelle came up with one of our U.S. guests. I had to explain that yes, I too, grew up with Cookie Puss and Fudgy the Whale because of TV from Buffalo.

Back in the day WGRZ had the unbeatable troika of: Wes Goforth, Ed Killgore and Mike Igoe. ;D

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Gotta throw out Rocketship 7 too. I had a birthday announced on there once.

Other great Buffalo telly: Strikes, Spares & Misses and Beat the Champ with Chuck Healy, Dialing for Dollars with Nolan Johannes and those ads for Super Duper featuring some semi-MILF named Joey: "Not 49 cents, not 39 cents, 29 CENTS!!!!".

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Don't forget Sabres games on WGR/WGRZ with the "Sabre Dance" theme song. Good times.

12. Keystone

Keystone Member

I remember Nolan as the veteran anchorman on the Scranton ABC affiliate while I was growing up. Sometime in the mid-80s, the station would play back recorded viewers' comments. And old lady ripped him for sitting "too close" to the female who was the co-anchor. He's still there, BTW

Draft saved Draft deleted