1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wizard of Oz Redux by SJ.com ... for IJAG

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Aug 23, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I, too, have never seen The Wizard of Oz. I have, however, seen The Wiz numerous times.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They look around the crowd, atthe sea of green and white.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

4. Times being what they were, I accepted the job.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Lubed! They were lubed!

Geez. Actors.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Wizard of Oz was a psychological thriller with drug references and sexual innuendo.

Dorothy gets knocked out during a tornado and conveniently falls onto a bed and has a dream in which she:
    - twice murders the woman who wants to take Toto away (once with a house, once with a bucket of water)
    - meets the three farmhands she has the hots for, but one doesn't have the brains, one doesn't have the heart and the other doesn't have the courage to "take her home"
    - finally she meets a kindly old man who will "take her home" but he leaves without her.
    - then the stoned out "good" person tells her all she can take herself home, clicking her heels together.

7. beanpole

beanpole Member

The Yellow Brick Road is the setting for a hellacious car chase, with Dorothy leaning out the window blasting twin Glocks at the Wicked Witch on a Harley.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and, she went to school at the home of the blue bird of cocksuckery. coincidence, i think not.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, IJAG's itch du jour for a hit of mescaline has been taken care of nicely with this thread, I would think ...

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't even know what mescaline is.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

What about the part where Dorothy and Glenda the Good Witch make out?

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

they don't call her the Good Witch for nothing....

Draft saved Draft deleted