1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wizard of Oz Redux by SJ.com ... for IJAG

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Aug 23, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dear god in heaven...this shit is priceless

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

The Wizard of Oz has two neighbors, one who lives in a 2-bedroom ranch with a room for stretching (Mr. Ichiro) and the other lives in a 3-car garage house filled with art that says "Yes, you're better than God" (Mr. Spurrier.

3. And they pull back the curtain...and THE Wizard is none other than Christopher Walken. He looks at Dorothy and says "Congrat. Ulations Dorothy. You found. Me. Now all you have. To do. Is. Click your heels. Three times. And if that doesn't. Work. May I. Suggest. MORE COWBELL!"

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Wizard (a part written for W. C. Fields) was actually played by some second-shelf MGM contract hack, since Bill wouldn't play the part for beer money.

Played by Fields, The Wiz would have been beyond compare.

Of course, he would have also completely stolen the picture . . .

Ah, the twists and turns of history . . .

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and please do carry on . . . for this shit IS priceless . .

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, clickclack.

And I have no idea what anything in this thread means. Good night.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone else does either, IJAG.

8. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

No, IJAG, you'll miss the part where the tin man gets his knobs buffed.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It wasn't pot, it was the magic poppies! POPPIES!

10. Buh, buh, I didn't even get to the part where the Wizard is actually a Hitler-like dictator who roped Dorothy into his Nazi regime by tasking her with killing the green leader of the PETA revolution ..

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Man, Lone Star . . .that Walken blast was the equivalent of Keanu Reeves' appearances in Much Ado About Nothing. Brought the proceedings to a screeching halt. Oh well . . . .

Dammit, IJAG missed the ending. Here we go:

Blah, blah, Pink Floyd, oh-WEEE-OH. ooohhhhoooohhhh-OH. oh-WEEEE-OH. oooohhhhhhhooooohhhhh-OH. oh-WEEE-OH. Etc., meet the green chick with the big nose, threats, scary music, Judy Garland gets scared enough to later embark on a lifetime of substance abuse, Pink Floyd again, Dorothy and her buddies the Pigs (Three Different Ones) throw water on the witch, who melts and is killed in the worst deus ex machina in the history of cinema . . .

Back to the Wizard . . blah, blah, "Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain" . . . the three losers traveling with Dorothy get little trinkets that are supposed to make them feel better about lacking the heart to win games, the brains to add 2 + 2 and the courage to ask Dorothy out, and in another deus ex machina, it turns out that the whole time all Dorothy had to do was click her heels together to get home.

The End. Gone With the Wind wins Best Picture, 1939.

12. I love The Wizard of Oz so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

[sorry...was channeling Tracy Jordan there for a sec.]

Draft saved Draft deleted