1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wizard of Oz Redux by SJ.com ... for IJAG

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And it turns out Dorothy's house crushed Rosie O'Donnell, and every rings bells about how happy they are the witch is dead. The song sticks in your head until you pry it out.

Then everyone does more drugs and equates "Money" with the midgets who run around merrily, not realizing no one will care about them again until George Mucas needs some Jawas for Star Wars.

Speaking of stoned-out images . . . damn, Lone_Star_Acid.

2. I just gave my four-year-old her first the other day ... shoved her second one down about 3 minutes later.

Wife was not thrilled, but hey, the look on the kid's face that first bite was priceless.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

After the bong hit, the guy hangs himself on the back of the stage in the forest. Good times had by all.

4. That was actually an ostrich.

5. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

And at one point, a dwarf swings in the background, from his neck, on a rope. Not to be confused with the dwarf that hands Dorothy a lollipop.

EDIT: Balls, Angola, balls.

6. Moving on ...

Dorothy's house lands on a chick wearing Sportschick's shoes ... :D

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

She meets a scarecrow (no brain), a Tin Man (No heart) and a Lion (a literal fraidy-cat) on her way to see the big mysterious wizard in a town called Oz. There's some winged monkey, another witch, they all get high on opium, and it turns on her magical boots can send her home.
    Long story short, we should switch away from the gold standard.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I smoked some weed in my time and was petrified of the dwarf. Actually I was scared to death of most of the movie while stoned and listening to Pink Floyd. I am glad I have never tried shrooms.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And after they're done running through the poppy field and getting even more fucked up, they run into the ......

HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The Heathers soundtrack syncs up with The Wizard of Oz, by the way.

11. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

At the risk of turning this into the stoner thread, everyone thought I smoked lots and lots of weed in college, at least for the first few years. But I gave up ever thinking about smoking/ingesting it, or any other psychoactive drug, when I saw some friends eat shroom brownies.
    One swore that Old Yeller was being shown on his bedroom ceiling, and cried at the end. Another thought two Snapple bottles on his desk were square dancing. And that little do-si-do was the end of it.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

After meeting the three losers on the road, Dorothy and friends meet the Wizard . . . In the Flesh?

To earn his help, they are tasked to build a Wall around the Emerald City using material from the Yellow Brick Road.

They take many breaks to smoke, and become Comfortably Numb.

Draft saved Draft deleted