1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Witty daily sports wrap up writing gig - Chicago

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by ttb2013, Jul 7, 2013.

1. ttb2013

ttb2013 New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a clever and witty sports writer/journalist(ideally in the Chicago area). The gig will entail a daily roundup of all the national sports news. Your job will be to write approx a paragraph(60 words or less) worth of witty commentary on each news article(approx 10 headlines/articles a day).

This is a Mon-Fri gig and shouldn't take more than an hour each night/day, but I need someone who is serious and willing to help me build this publication.. Not looking for flakes or a temporary position. You ideally have a job doing something else, but are so passionate about writing and sports that you're willing spend an hour a night doing these fun write-ups on the day's sports news.

Education and age are not important, English skills/grammar, wittiness and a passion for sports are. Creativity and fun/good person are key as well.

As you can tell, I'm no wordsmith, so that's where you come in the picture!

Cheers!

Eric

PAY: This is a completely out of pocket gig for me so pay is very little... just being honest. When we get fully funded though, and if we work well together, you'll immediately become the Editor in Chief!

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This ad's pretty funny.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yes, so many of us have an hour to spend in the evening...you know, when sports are happening and we are trying to put a paper out.

I've seen some pretty whitty signs from bums outside Wrigley and the UC. They got time to help ya champ.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Well, golly, I don't know. ... But you sound so nice. ... Oh, heck, OK!

5. ttb2013

ttb2013 New Member

I always wonder why so many people on forums are complete assholes.

Honestly, did I do anything wrong here? And if so, please advise.

Best,

Eric

6. Riptide

We're professionals, Eric. We work for money. Real money.

You can find young, cheap talent at the community-college level, though.

7. ttb2013

ttb2013 New Member

Hm.. Ok, but I was planning on paying in real money. I guess I should have worded that better. You see, I'm looking for a writer that knows a lot about sports. I'm a businessman and writing is not my strength, so that's why I posted here to pay someone for their skills.

My apologies, I must be in the wrong place.

8. Riptide

Helps to be specific about what you're paying.
    You might find someone here. If you define your terms.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Job creator!

Draft saved Draft deleted