1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Witness to a Suicide....Hard to Believe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anybody heard from QT since he posted this?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thanks guys I'm fine. My view is that its something that was out of my control and I've just got to move on. My wife however (like many others) is still busted over it and I know she cannot just let it go like me, she's too compassionate. Her friend I was told today has had trouble sleeping the past three nights. Just sucks that the guy did this to the people who cannot let it go.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're doing OK. You and your wife should go talk to someone. You're right - it sucks that this guy did it this way.

4. I'll second that.

I witnessed a murder when I was nine; fortunately, the killers were arrested and I never had to finger them, but lived with that image for years before finally getting help. It wasn't until I left college that I was able to open up about the experience.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fortunate to have seen them twice, once on previous tour and once on this tour:

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I love this line from the story:

Gee, thanks Doc.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Exit. Stage down.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This person was an adult who made their own decision.

This is 1/1000th as depressing as reading about a child being killed. Sorry for the cold hearted response, but stop beating yourself up over this.

9. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

You only cover us when someone commits suicide at our show!

Sorry.
    Seriously, qt I hope the wife gets passed this and I agree that professional help should be considered. Rough deal there.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Reading about a death and witnessing one are two different things. 93D, have you ever seen someone die? I have - I saw a plane crash. It was horrible and it was awhile before I could sleep normally.

Draft saved Draft deleted