1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Witness to a Suicide....Hard to Believe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 20, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

FULL CIRCLE!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I witnessed a fatal car accident and it shook me up for weeks.

Despite the jokes on here, I hope you're OK.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's messed up, qtlaw. More about the guy here:

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_15839768

He was out on $150,000 bail for a New Year's episode where he tied up his girlfriend, pointed a gun and threatened to kill her and then himself.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wonder if people thought he was "Falling Slowly."

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On the bright side, at least he wasn't one of those assholes who kill a bunch of innocent people before offing himself.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I read that some pop singer in Europe died in a fall onto a stage during a music festival there Friday. Figure we're days away until USA TODAY decides it's a "trend" and does a story about it.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Same festival where Michael Been of 1980s band The Call and father of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's lead singer died of a heart attack the day before.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That bummed me out. I loved The Call. "Reconciled" is one of the most underrated albums of the 80s.

I had no idea his kid was in BRMC until I saw the obits.

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

This was a shocking story. I once witnessed a fatal car accident where the car hit a pedestrian. It was traumatizing. Hope you're OK.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Am I the only one wondering why a dude who's accused of tying up his girlfriend, holding a loaded shotgun to her and saying he was going to kill her and himself, then is involved in a 90-minute standoff with police is doing out on bail? Seems the textbook definition of "danger to himself or others" to me.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why didn't I think of that?

12. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Is this a trend? Damn.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/phish_fan_ok_after_leap_1Kv9zjPEqvjHBxv0doX1JL

Draft saved Draft deleted