1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Witness to a Crime

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by scribeinwiscy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

This morning, while gazing out a work window, my coworker said, "I think something is going on here." So, I stand up and look, and sure as shit, two guys are pushing a pudgy Jewish guy around outside his car. We keep watching, and one of the men gets in the car while the other pushed the big man, and points to the adjacent river. The big guy then walks behind a tree. By now, I know what the fuck I'm seeing – a robbery.

The two guys take off in the car. We get the plates, and my coworker runs downstairs to talk to the big guy. Well, this Jewish guy was in town selling jewelry from New York. He claims he had over $150,000 in jewels in the car.

My point is this is the first crime – besides bar fights, drug use, etc. – that really got me thinking. Has anyone else witnessed a crime of any nature? What were your thoughts?

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Damn, 150K in jewels?

And I thought I got fucked.

3. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

If this guys is insured, I am sure he beefed that number up. What puzzled me was his look. Somewhat Yiddish, Hacidic (previously Acidic) 8), Amish. Don't see that too much around here. It was out of this world. Smells like a setup to me.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Acidic?

I'm calling bullshit on this whole story.

5. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Hasidic, Acidic. WTF. It's all the same! :)

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think the word he's groping for is hasidic.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

So you and your co-worker watched all this go down but you never mention calling 9-1-1.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!

8. cranberry

Forgot the number.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

He also couldn't figure out if the pudgy Jewish looking guy (who later became a big guy) was Yiddish, Acidic or Amish.

10. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Do I need to hold your hand through the story? If you'd like me to finish ... when downstairs, my co-worker walked him to the lobby, where 911 was called. He's been on the horn with the cops most of the day trying to recall the events. The car was found down the block, but no word on if the good were in the car. After lunch, I took a dump, too. Fucking soup gave me the runs.

I wish I made this up. Haven't gotten a thing done all day. I feel bad for the guy.

11. cranberry

I bet he had a black suit and wore a hat.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Never thought of calling 911 while this was in progress, maybe could have interrupted it...nah, why do that.

TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT

Draft saved Draft deleted