1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Without Sullivan and Gleason, what's left to read in the Buffalo News?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micropolitan guy, May 30, 2018.

1. Reddy235

Reddy235 Member

The Buffalo News gets rid of some good, well-read sports people, but has Mike Harrington in Vegas doing Stanley Cup gamers?
    No wonder they’re starting to lose money. Poor Warren Buffet, that $1.6 million loss is going to put him right in the poor farm! Just another callous rich ass****

daemon likes this.
  2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Rodriguez is their preps writer. DiCesare, the guy who wrote the tennis feature, was a deputy sports editor.

He's done as of today, too.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

DiCesare's gone too?

Add Osteen to the 1966 Dodgers' list. Al Downing's gonna be busy, giving his best every day. And I'm sure clubhouse morale is at an all-time high!

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One of the reasons they let Sullivan go is he was being too nice? If they hire another columnist, I can see his/her copy now: "Sabres lose by a goal, but they tried really, really hard."

Fredrick likes this.
  6. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Ditto for editors.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Why, there's that $64 question we have asked in the past. ;)

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Did Tim Graham leave? He doesn't write daily, but his features and investigative long-form are usually worth reading.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Turf writer Gene Kershner.

10. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Not yet. I think editors are not an endangered group yet. Now could they be next? Sure. All it takes is one set of suits/consultants to say, "You know what? We don't need sports editors." For that to happen, the wink-wink "I'll protect you" system with the moderately expensive suit wearers and the exquisite suit wearers will have to end, however.

11. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking. I've explained before that I am in need of help in this regard. I don't mean to come across as somebody who has all the answers. You know, when you work 60-80 and are paid for 40 you can become brainwashed much like cult members. There is a method to the suits' madness. How else do sports staffers traditionally "donate" up to 30 hours of free work per week to the company? I can name 20-40 individuals who regularly donate such funds. That and yes. You must support those who depend on you.

Liut likes this.
  12. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

True. My adult films obsession depends on me to continue to make $$$

Draft saved Draft deleted