1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Without doubt, I bring you the worst movie trailer IN HISTORY!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jun 23, 2008.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Y'all need to go on YouTube and check out the Grindhouse fake promos (although "Machete" is actually being made).

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yeah, but those are intentionally lame and over the top. Somebody is going into this thinking it will be funny. And that's sad.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If they make "Thanksgiving," I'm so there. I'd probably see "Don't," too.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

There's a reason why I've started watching old movies. It's because all the movie studios ever put out anymore (pretty much...a few exceptions) is crap like this. God forbid anyone in Hollywood come up with an original idea for once this decade.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I feel for you. Date Movie was the last one of my DVDs I had time to watch. I thought I could at least tolerate it because of Alyson Hannigan.

The scene with the cat on the toilet was where I stopped watching. I bought this piece of crap at a video store's going out of business sale, so at least it was cheap...like $2.

At that same sale, I got Scary Movie 4 and Epic Movie. I'm scared to death to open the boxes.....

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Oh my God... I'm far dumber for having watched 30 seconds of that dreck.
    Awful. The worst part is that there's a market for this crap.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

No, this is not the worst trailer ever. Don't know if anyone can find it, but the trailer I saw on TV of the movie where Eddie Murphy is somehow reduced to microscopic size is worse.

8. Boognish

Boognish Member

Hmmmm ... I don't usually defend Hollywood. But there were some pretty great movies produced last year.

Lars and the Real Girl
    Into The Wild
    There Will Be Blood
    Michael Clayton
    Gone Baby Gone
    The King Of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (doc)
    Superbad/Knocked Up/Juno
    Zodiac
    No Country For Old Men
    Eastern Promises

There are more I didn't see: Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, and others I can't remember that are supposed to be pretty good.

Granted, several of those movies weren't original ideas, if you consider book adaptations non-original - There Will Be Blood, No Country For Old Men, Into the Wild, Zodiac, Gone Baby Gone ... OK, a lot of them. But for original screenplays, Michael Clayton was superbly written, as were Lars and the Real Girl and Eastern Promises.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Exactly. Those are a handful of real movies as compared to how many that were put out last year?

I saw Juno and Knocked Up and loved both of them. I haven't seen the rest of your list (except for Superbad...which I was forced to watch...twice. And it was funny exactly once.) because I'm not big on war movies or movies with a lot of blood. I did want to see Zodiac though (because, here's the oxymoron - I love movies about serial killers. Hate blood, love serial killers. I know. I'm strange.) and Lars and the Real Girl, but it's hard to go to the movies all the time when it's $8 a pop to go.

I consider book adaptations to be originals, just as long as they haven't been done a million and one times. Every screenplay writer is going to have a different take on how to present the story. That doesn't necessarily mean they should do more than one adaptation. I'm sick of remakes and I'm sick of spoof crap like this. Give me some actual cinema to watch and I might shell out the money to go see it before it comes out on DVD.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that's bad...but Disaster Movie bad? I don't think so.

At least you know Eddie Murphy will have three lines of somewhat humorous comedy in the script.

Draft saved Draft deleted