1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With the AP AWOL, how will you handle the Tiger sex rehab story?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 15, 2010.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

If and when it gets to the point where he might miss the Masters, then you write it as a sports story. Until then, it belongs either in the entertainment section or in the news section.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Two background grafs condensing the car accident, divorce proceedings and other fallout to basics. You're writing a golf story, not a Page Six tasty bit.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You're not going to get to talk to Tiger. Even if you catch a glimpse of him, I doubt he's going to look much different. You'll get kicked off the grounds. So the only way to get news is to try to develop sources on the staff away from the grounds, and that'll take awhile with a limited chance at success. There really isn't much there there until legal (divorce, prolly) proceeding happen, more lovers materialize or he prepares for his return to the course.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

So if Tiger leaves rehab and wins the Masters, does that mean he's master of Augusta National's domain?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

According to "reports," Tiger has entered sex rehab in Arizona, Louisiana, and Cape Town.

I wouldn't get too worked up about these latest reports.

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Why is this relevant in sports journalism? The core story of a Tiger sex rehab story deserves no attention in the sports pages.

8. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I disagree. When the best athlete in the world in his sport is not playing his sport, sports writers should cover why he is not playing. If that means Tiger the golfer is in sex rehab instead of playing golf, then that's a sports story.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So is Tiger really at sex rehab in Mississippi? Or was this all BS?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Something.

Surprised he didn't find Eric Show there also.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Disagree. Sports fans want to know Jeter's engaged. It ran on our home page for a few hours after it came out. But I think it belongs as a brief in a sports section, too...just like an actor getting engaged merits a brief in the entertainment section.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Took "my take" right out of my mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted