1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With scaled-back dish service, my entertainment options

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Mar 22, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Isn't it ironic?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

From the FAQ on the Web site:

Money

There is money with this diary. Why did you send money?
    The money enclosed with the diary is a thank you in advance for filling out and returning your diary. We know that your time is worth a lot more. However, the survey does give you a chance to tell the people who plan TV programming what programs are watched in your home.

If I cannot fill out the diary, should I return the money?
    Please keep the money and return the diary or diaries sent to you. Please write the reason in the diary and return the diary so that we will know that you did receive our diary, but that you are unable to participate in our survey. We hope that in the future if your home is selected for a Nielsen TV Ratings survey, that you will be able to participate at that time. Thank you.

I haven't gotten the big envelope yet. I'll let you know.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Unless they've changed policy, it's just a few bucks. Literally. A few very crisp $1 bills.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the also chose me about 15 years ago ... "but we need to ask a few questions first ...

"you are male."

"yup."

"how old?"

"X years of age."

"how many children?"

"none."

"thank you for your time, mr. petty. we do not need your services at this time."

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

TP, if that's JLH's next incarnation in your sig, I'm sorely disapppointed.

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I've done Nielson twice.. I got a crisp new $1 each time...I think you only do it for like two weeks..

Listen to baseball on the radio or computer. Hell you can probably get any broadcast for any team there. Read, a lot. If I could find someone to pay me to read, that's what I'd do with my life. Rent free movies from the library. And, as everyone has pointed out, there's lot and lots of 'TV' on the computer.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, we're a shade over a third of the way through the season, and I have to be honest, I haven't missed the games on TV much. I catch the Braves when they're on Peachtree TV, and other than that I listen to them on the radio. I've really come to enjoy Jim Powell and Don Sutton, and since radio is a passive activity, I'm able to do other things while i'm listening.

Draft saved Draft deleted