1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With gay marriage decided, what will be the next big left-led social change?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can only wait to see what the great corrector for 43 is.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It is. Just talk some woman into it.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... The Cosby Show had the third-highest rating in 1984-1985. You might have thought the world was going to end, but your fellow Americans didn't seem to share that feeling.

expendable and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, of course, Cosby first starred on a prime time NBC show in... 1965.

Besides, while Cosby was African-American, his character, and his tv family, basically identified as white.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think the next big left-led movement will be to try to get the courts to recognize freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and freedom of religion. I could also see them fighting for the right to gather together peaceably and advocate for changes in laws or policy. It'll take some time to work its way through the courts, but if Kennedy's still kicking it might make it on a 5-4 vote.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I hope in my lifetime, if we continue to progress as a society, corporations will be able to marry.

It gets better, corporations.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

LOL.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I was around in 1985, and I don't remember that sentiment at all. Hell, The Jeffersons was a Top 5 show already in the early '80's.

Can you expound on this Cosby Show theory?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is fantastic.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think the next big thing is already here and it is transgender rights.

11. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Well congrats to the radicals who convinced America that a majority of Americans supported gay marriage. That the 10th amendment didn't hold water, and that Ruth Ginsberg's article where she showed her bias on the subject not to mention conducting ceremonies proved she should have been recused form the deliberation. But you've got your way. And now, the dominoes are starting to fall, in spite of what some radicals predicted.

Montana man seeks license for second wife - CBS News

Don't say it won't happen. Not with academia being nurtured on a radical agenda. What's born out of European institutions will gradually come this way too, if it's not lurking in some lecture hall already, with great minds like this spewing their piss.....
    'Paedophilia is natural and normal for males' - Telegraph

Again, congratulations. Pandora's box has plenty of room.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why do I give a shit whether two gays, or three polygamists marry? Its a serious question, why am I supposed to give a shit? Is it going to affect my 22 year marriage? Tell me what I am missing.

Draft saved Draft deleted