1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With Democrats like this...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 6, 2007.

1. I also am endlesly amused that President What PDB? gets a pass on 9/11.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Kerry lost by one state last time. At a time when Bush's approval rating was 10 points higher than it is today.

Did last November's elections not tell you anything?

Was 1999 50 years ago?

Last year --- for the first time --- Americans saved at a NEGATIVE rate. Real-estate prices have made many parts of the country unaffordable for middle-class Americans. Gasoline prices have doubled under this administration. And that nice little surplus we had 6 years ago has been turned into a ticking time bomb of a deficit.

We did not have an Al-Qaeda- or muslim extremist-led terrorist attack on U.S. soil in the final 7 years and 10 months of Clinton's term . . . and you assclowns accuse Clinton of "doing nothing."

And the place is a fucking disaster with all these Iraqis "leading". More U.S. soldiers killed in December than during ANY other month since the war started. Great progress.

You are certifiably insane . . . or stupid.

Unemployment is 30-40 percent. There are few basic services because the infrastructure has been destroyed. Two MILLION of the nation's brightest and most well-off citizens have LEFT THE COUNTRY.

That's a goddamn lie. Are you even trying to make sense?

Well, Karl Rove and his henchmen will color them as such. Take that for what it's worth.

3. And, of course, the 25 percent of the country under "full Iraqi control" -- which means the As Long As Moqtada Says We're The Government Government -- is largely, well, sand.

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Did someone miss Nov. 7, 2006?

Didn't someone say in 2004 that the Democratic Party was dead?

Didn't someone say in May 2004 that the insurgents were in their last throws?

Didn't someone say Mission Accomplished and the end of major military operations on May 1, 2003?

Did I miss something or isn't 30,000 MORE Troops in Iraq ramping up major military operations?

5. You have to love McCain, by the way.
    He wants a "substantial and sustained" surge. So, if and when it doesn;t work, and the results are catastrophic, he can decide that Fredo's plan didn't fit his adjectives and walk away.
    Some people want to be president too damn much -- and, in that group, I include Senators Clinton, Kerry and Edwards, for their empowering/enabling votes on the original AUMF.

6. I am always amused by those who bring up polls as the be-all and end all.

The same polls show that Congress has much lower favorables than Bush does and that journalists are even less favorable than Congress.

Polls didn't stop Lincoln from pursuing the correct course in the Civil War and they sure didn't stop Harry Truman from doing what he thought was right in Korea. The only President I can think of that ran his White House according to "the polls" was Clinton and history won't be kind to him. All Clinton had to boast about was the economy and Bush's economy has been even better and done without the benefit of a tech bubble.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Uh, both houses of Congress CHANGED HANDS two months ago.

Still didn't get the news about that, eh?

Maybe that's why people's opinions of journalists are so low.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I needed a laugh this morning. Thanks. I wonder what the rest of the post was like.

9. BTE - just a couple of things:

1. Do you really believe that John Kerry could beat Bush in an election today? Bush's polls numbers may be down but respect for John Kerry has cratered.

2. I said the economy is better today than almost any point in the past 50 years. 1999 was very good but remember most of those gains were based on hype. Today's economy is based on solid ground.

3. Fewer US troops died this December than last December (by about 500 if I recall correctly) - yet you doom and gloomers would have us believe things are worse now than ever. All the news from the MSM out of Iraq is bad (or made up) and you wonder why people are down on the war.

4. Home ownership in the US is higher under Bush than any other time in history. Home equity does not show up in savings stats.

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Evil, perhaps Ignorant, would be a better tag.

67 US soldiers died in Dec. 2005, 115 in Dec. 2006.

You aren't qualified to be a reporter or EVEN to post on a reporters website.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties_dec06.htm

This site is better suited for types like you:

headinsand.com

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Chris, if the election were held today or tomorrow or whatever, there's no fucking way Bush would beat Kerry. Bush wouldn't be Pelosi or Hillary or Dukakis. This colossal fuckup has pissed off most of an entire nation, and left many others apathetic.

And to compare Bush at all to Truman or Lincoln is so big of a reach it's unreal. Bush can't even tell you what victory in Iraq is, nor does he have any clue as to how he'd ever get there. The rationales for war continuously changed, as does the concept of victory, to where victory in his mind is anything as long as it's not retreat. Anyone who thinks he isn't treading water until the next president is watching through LSD influenced glasses.

And the free pass that he and Rice too get for the PDB and 9-11 is also mystifying too.

12. PWNED!

Forgive my turning 14 for a minute. I just had to do that.

Draft saved Draft deleted