1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With Democrats like this...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She's in charge. She can delegate. You'd end up with Barney Frank privileges.

Toodles, evil c.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's hard to know where to begin with Chris's intellectual vacuity but his contention that Fredo's admin hasn't attacked constitutional rights is about the only evidence one needs.

He has no shame.

But he's managed to grasp truthiness.

3. Something about that violent postwar Germany.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2087768/
    Something else:

"To be sure, few would argue that rebuilding Germany was easy. But that's where the comparison [with Iraq] ends -- in fact, postwar Germany was marked by a surprising lack of guerrilla violence. "There was basically no violence directed at us or allied servicemen after capitulation," says Peter Fritzsche, professor of German history at the University of Illinois. Most Nazi officers were busy trying to save their own skins, and the vast majority of Germans were only too glad to see the war end and the Hitler regime toppled."

4. Hey JR you cocksucker - how you doing? Can't resist coming onto these threads just to insult me hey you camel fucker?

Divorce anyone lately?

5. Hey Fenian - last page you said you were all done on this thread.

Can't believe a word you say.

Oh and when I want an expert on Nazi Germany - the University of Illinois is the college of choice I guess. Maybe the good professor can explain why if things were going so swimmingly in post war Germany that we had to had to wait 4-years to hand back some semblance of sovereignty. "Herr Fritzsche's assertion that the Germans were a good and peaceful people just following orders and who welcomed Allied soldiers with open arms was later backed up by associate Professor of Stolen Antiquites Herr Himmler."

Economically - 1939 was a golden age economically for the middle class of Germany [channeling logic earlier exhibited by un-named poster on this thread]

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Taking a break from History for Dummies, the subject of this thread is as much a liberal as Ann Coulter (only maybe with a lower sperm count).

Say hello to Nigel Tufnel next time you go to good old Topeka, Kan., that breadbasket of white pentacostalism.
    [​IMG]

7. She does have a certain St. Hubbinsish quality to her.
    Hey, LJB, is it possible that the US took four years to hand sovereignity back to the Germans a) because their country, economy, and society were a bombed-out shambles, or perhaps because b) the Russians owned half the country? I know you can answer this question in words of one syllable.
    (Note -- being finished with the board's pre-eminent political and historical dumbass does not mean being finished with the topics at had.)

8. You're so silly Fenian - you'll do anything to keep from admitting that the economy today is historically strong and to admit your statement about 1956 and 1957 being a Golden Age was a dumb, insensitive thing to say.

Does it bother you that your buttons are so easy to push? Is it a form of OCD where you have to respond to my posts? The "subject at hand" was Nancy Boyda till I started taking the thread out for a joy ride but you can't help but comment. You just can't help yourself. You're like a fat chick at a chocolate factory. You say you're done with this thread and then a chocolate truffle passes by your self-important mouth and you say to yourself "well maybe just one more."

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I don't know why you refer to yourself as an evil bastard when what you really are is a stupid bastard. And it's probably terminal.

10. Nancy Boyda, I suspect, hasn;t read the Constitution very closely. (Hell, Newt made his people read the Federalist Papers. He ignored what they said when he got to the Speaker's chair, but at least he made them read it.) She's wrong on the facts and wrong on the law and as wrong as practically any person in the country except one about the history of what she's talking about. Kansas is improving, marginally. (They tossed out that yahoo AG.) But Rep. Boyda needs work.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Boyda's another whore who switched perfumes to get herself reelected. The "D" does not equal democrat.

12. Herbert Anchovy

I guess our resident subject expert is combing his standard issue freshman college textbook from Bunker Hill Wollongdongadingdong Community College.

Draft saved Draft deleted